Last summer, I began to study the world of fiction to see what bloggers could learn from the way prolific authors write. After all, what’s a few blog post per month compared to writing a 90,000 word novel every year – or even more than once a year? And yet, that’s exactly what many authors do.
If your brand’s blog publishes a new post every week, at 1,000 words per post, that’s 4,000 words per month – plus perhaps another 1,000 worth of social media content and email blasts. When you’re running a business, even that much feels impossibly overwhelming, doesn’t it? But many professional authors today write several times that much each month (1,000 to 3,000 words each day is a typical goal), not even including the blog posts and marketing they do to promote their author brand.
And yet, despite the clear parallels between author work and content marketing work, not many people were making the connection and learning from these authors.
But in this email course on writing faster blog posts, I’m sharing specifically how I’ve used advice for authors to become a faster and better blogger.
In this course, you’ll learn:
- How to think like a procrastinator in the best possible way
- How to use the critical research phase to create a blog post to rule all blog posts
- How to use social media sites as search engines
- How to create a winning outline that works with nearly every type of blog post
- How to create an engaging post that pulls the reader forward – thereby increasing your dwell time, a crucial factor for SEO
- How to wield your outline as a tool to prevent writer’s block from attacking in the future
- How to cut out all distractions when you write (and why you need to)
- The power of sprinting
- The single [FREE] tool that has made the biggest difference in my writing productivity this past year
- How to track your writing speed (and download a free spreadsheet I made to help you track it)
- The beauty of an ugly first draft
- And editing best practices for blog posts
These tricks and strategies have completely transformed my life, and I am so. incredibly. excited. to be sharing them with you!